Flock browser has been killed off

By Emil
Apr 12, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Flock, the browser that specialized in providing social networking directly in its user interface, has been discontinued. An "Official End of Support Notice" has been posted to the company's website:

Read the whole story
  2. I won't miss it. I am so attached to it, that I will continue to use it even if it's not updated.
  3. Jos

Jos TechSpot Staff Posts: 2,647   +87

I'm not a fan of so-called social browsers myself, but anyone looking for an alternative to Flock might also want to check out RockMelt. It's based on Chromium and focuses heavily on social network integration.

RockMelt download:
  4. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,270   +102

look around, there just might be something better... geez
  5. Punkid

Punkid TS Guru Posts: 420

miss it, hell no...i gave that browser 2 chances, but it was useless, even though i use social networking websites...anyway , there are extension for firefox which can do better than flock
  6. I liked Flock, but when they hooked up with Zynga their servers kept crashing, which left their users' accounts high and dry, and they took ages to respond/fix the issue. After the 3rd or 4th time that happened with no resolution, I migrated to Rockmelt, which I also like - another social browser based on Chrome. Sad to see Flock go but not surprised.