Floppy Drive ERROR?!?!

By akaivan
Mar 25, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys im wonderin whats wrong with floppy drive. when i start my pc its sais A: drive error
    Press f1 to resume.
    And when i go to my computer its nOT there? I tried 2 Floppys and it still doesnt work, thanks for looking :)
  2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,385   +205

Is the green light in the front on continuously? Try turning the data connector up side down. The floppy connector is the only connector where you can connect it 180 degrees off.
  3. akaivan

akaivan TechSpot Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 620

000 ok ill try it be back in 5 min
  4. akaivan

ok heres what happened, the error whent away(thankyou) but when i insert a floppy then i try to open it it sais to instert floppy.??/
  5. akaivan

any1?!?!??!
  6. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,385   +205

Try going to the device manager and uninstall the floppy drive (not physically, just in the device manager). Restart and let Windows detect and reinstall the device. Maybe that will clear it up. Also, make sure the floppy connectors are securely in both ends.
  7. Chatline100

Chatline100 Newcomer, in training Posts: 39

Have you checked you haven't broken a pin of the IDE connector. I have done that, or maybe the pin is a bit bent .... try checking that
  8. akaivan

well i tried that, i tried 2 floppys drives and to floppy ide conectors, its in securely
  9. akaivan

any other ideas?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.