Folder redirection not redirecting all files!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I have setup folder redirection to redirect 'my documents' and the 'desktop' from one folder on our win2k server to another folder on the same server.

I have created a security group and placed everyone in that group that I want to have folder redirection. I tested it on my account and it worked fine, it redirected my desktop to the new folder and redirected my documents (even though there was nothing in my documents at the time). And it deleted the old folders once the new ones were created and everything moved across.

However, when the group policy tried to move other users my documents to the new location it would only move some of the files and leave all the rest in the old directory and it wouldn't change the path of the my documents to point to the new directory!!! However it would move the desktop icons with no problems at all and delete the old folder.

The path that I am using to redirect the folders is \\server\usersdocuments\%USERNAME% and \\server\usersdesktops\%USERNAME%. And this is applied to a security group call folder redirection. I am completely at a loss with this problem and any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back