Folding@Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bug

Folding@Home is another distributed computing application. This one is used to break down protiens that will assist researchers with things, such as cancer and alzheimers research. I am trying to recruit people to my current team "PDXLAN" team number: 38928. We have only been doing it for about a month and we are almost in the top 400 teams.

If you have extra computers just lying about, or have some unused processes on your system, you might think about helping, and please consider joining the PDXLAN team.

http://folding.stanford.edu/

For more information about the PDXLAN, visit:

http://www.pdxlan.com/community/news.php

Bug

To be honest with you I think many of us have stopped crunching for the most part. I admit that I stopped my machines recently - mainly due to my rooms getting too hot. Perhaps in the winter I'll start things back up :)

Understood, my systems run at about 66 degrees when folding. 34 when idle. :O
It is fun to be competative with your friends tho... and possibly help researchers... I'm a sucker for this stuff.
Bug

Yes, I have the same problem as LNCPapa

I quit Seti because it was getting too hot to run on the summer... I am only running UD on some machines at nights (they are idle on the day)

I will however probably ramp up work on both Seti and UD when the winter comes to Sweden... I must try to be on the top position in Seti also ;-)

Yeah - well - I'm not really sure I'm worried about those results.... are they going to include BOINC results? That's probably what I'll be working on when winter comes around.

so does this mean there's no Folding@Home support from techspot?

I've been 'folding' for TechReport for the last 2 years or so.. maybe it's 3.
it's pretty addictive.. I used to do Seti.. but decided that i couldn't care less about aliens when instead I could help find cures for altzeimers and parkinsons disease among other things.

Bug, have you seen the cool stats site Here.

Yeah, our team was 100 for a bit, and then most of the members seem to have forgotten about it. I still fold and have my wife's system folding. Great site they have up tho :D

recently started doing Einstein at home to search for pulsars when seti at home wasn't working....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back