Follow these instructions to get 100GB of OneDrive cloud storage free for the next two years

Shawn Knight

Staff member

microsoft 100gb onedrive bing free cloud search bing rewards

Microsoft is running a new promotion in which they’re offering up 100GB of cloud storage space on OneDrive absolutely free. Here’s everything you need to know.

To get in on the action, you’ll first need to create an account with Microsoft if you haven’t done so already. From there, you’ll want to create an account with Bing Rewards – Microsoft’s loyalty program that rewards users for using its search engine.

Assuming you perform all of this before February 28, you should see the offer for your free 100GB of OneDrive storage in the Earn and Explore category on the Bing Rewards dashboard. To accept the reward, simply click the “Get my storage” button and agree to receive promotional e-mails from OneDrive (this can be canceled at any time).

microsoft 100gb onedrive bing free cloud search bing rewards

The obvious goal here for Microsoft is two-fold. First, they’re looking to attract more users to Bing and introducing new users to Bing Rewards could certainly help with that.

What’s more, the Redmond-based company is betting that after the two-year trial period is up, users will be comfortable and invested enough in OneDrive that they’ll be willing to pay to continue to use it. It’s a safe bet that’ll no doubt pay off with at least some users.

For those not familiar, Bing Rewards is Microsoft’s loyalty program for its search engine. By simply using Bing on a daily basis, you can earn points that can be used to buy gift cards, monthly subscriptions to services like Hulu Plus, enter sweepstakes or you can simply donate them to charity.

Permalink to story.

I actually like the Bing search engine for many things. I find it often gives more relevant results. I didn't know they had a rewards program, I may sign up for that alone as I do use it quite a bit anyhow. I doubt I will ever use cloud storage though, I prefer my data here at home where I can control who sees it. :)

One place for everything in your life

100GB - I could put whole 2 movies in 4K there. Is that supposed to be everything in my life? Well, it was short lived then...

I've got 50GB for life from Box when I bought my Google Nexus 4 (via an LG promotion). Wouldn't want to use OneDrive for two years then have to migrate 100GB of data off of their service! You'd probably just end up paying for their service, which is after all the point of the 2 year offer.

Thanks Shawn Night @ Techspot about telling us all about this offer. I am now all signed up with Bing so my Windows 8.1 phone now has 100 GB storage for 2 years. Would be nice it Microsoft just gave it forever. That's Microsoft for you.

Ok...I guess people do like to give the gov their lives on a platter. And here I thought that perhaps Shawn got 100 Gs to post this ad..I mean news.

Ok...I guess people do like to give the gov their lives on a platter. And here I thought that perhaps Shawn got 100 Gs to post this ad..I mean news.

Yes because how dare him tell people that they can actually get 100gb of online storage for the next couple of years for free! Darned him, darned microsoft, darned government, darned society, darned internet!!

This is getting old really fast...

Can existing users benefit from this promo?
It is there for my account. However, I have no interest in it. Like at least one other poster here, I keep my data on my server at home, and to this point, have never wanted to get any particular data from some other location. If I wanted to do that, I would setup a VPN.

I had to do it twice before it completed for some reason and not only did it work, but I actually have 140GB of storage since I had 40GB before.

Nothing special. I have a free 100GB 4shared account just because I use a chromium-based Citrio browser. And it's not limited to USA only. Dropbox should do something similar, BTW.

Nothing special. I have a free 100GB 4shared account just because I use a chromium-based Citrio browser. And it's not limited to USA only. Dropbox should do something similar, BTW.

On my book, Microsoft is more reliable than a company that sales download bandwidth. But that's just me. If dropbox had the same offer I would run for it, their local client is much much much more polished.

Bing Rewards isn't available yet in your country or region.

well played Microsoft! you are really global cloud service provider!

Back