Followed 8 step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and just want to make sure I'm ok. I've attached my logs. I was having the same problem as others, Warning:Spyware detected....desktop and lots of toolbar pop-ups telling me to download certain fix programs. I came here, followed the instructions and everything seems to be fine now, just want to make sure. Thanks to any that can help.

Attachments

• mbam-log-2008-10-16 (21-16-54).txt
    882 bytes · Views: 13
  • SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log - 10-16-2008 - 22-07-17.log
    461 bytes · Views: 12
  • hijackthis.log
    6.8 KB · Views: 17
Superantispyware shows:
Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mrxdavv.sys (Rootkit.Agent.H) -> Delete on reboot.
I presume you have done so. If you have (only if you have completed the reboot and rescanned to ensure it is gone), then go through the following to complete the cleaning process.

1. Please download and run CCleaner via step 3 of the instructions HERE.

2. Turn off system restore (XP/ME only). Learn how to do that HERE.
    This will remove all the remaining nasties from your old restore points.

3. After that turn system restore back on.
    This would have created a new safe and clean restore point for your system.

4. Often times, an infection can occur again not due to the incompetence of programs, but because of user habits.
    May I recommend you to read this article.
    This can help to prevent future infections.

Followed the 8 steps...

I'm not an expert with this, but I followed the steps. Here are the following logs requested. I didn't know how to start a new thread, I hope this is okay.

completed the 8 steps

haveattached 2 ofthe 3 files
cant seem to open the file from superantispyware
can see it in the statistics/logs, but when I click View Log, nothing happens
If you need me to rerun let me know
Thanks
Sam
x

My symantec antivirus has detected a backdoor.tidserv!inf. I've tried cleaning it using symantec but it dosen't work. I'm not very good with computers so wanted to make sure if I need to do anything else. I followed the 8 steps and attached the logs.

after following the 8 steps ...

After running step 4 (i think), every time an application is started (i get several of these when starting up the computer as well as anytime i click on something to run it - including those downloads for later steps that were downloaded post step 4), the following shows up in a pop up window:

The application or DLL globalroot\systemroot\system32\SKYNETfsrtltno.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.

Continued and completed all 8 steps.

Requested logs are attached.

I followed all of the steps and I believe that I am virus free, can you please check my log files?

Your registry has one entry that needs to be corrected.

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = \blank.htm

Your other logs seem to be ok.Note: this is only a preliminary check. You should start a new thread. @hamster, same for you, you should both start new threads to eliminate confusion.
Read here: https://www.techspot.com/vb/menu31.html

Welcome to Techspot! hamster & sgprice24! :D

This whole thread has turned into a mess.
If anybody is seeking help, they should start a new thread.
There are 7 different users with 7 different issues and any attempt to help anyone will end up with mass confusion.
This link should help direct you to start a new thread in this forum.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back