Followed steps for viruses/spyware/malware removal and posting attachments per requst

By roygbiv28
Jan 17, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have followed all of your steps to clean my Win XP system of malware and have attached the 3 files you requested. I could not always follow each step exactly. Some programs did not install unless I was in safe mode (AVG Antispyware; SS&D). I could not download Tool 3 VUNDOFIX.EXE. It never gave me the ability to save the file. Panda Antiroot found no unknown rootkits. I could not run Ad-Aware in safe mode. I had to run it in normal mode only. I had to run AVG anti-spyware in normal mode as well because the screen display did not show me all the areas that I needed to modify and run.
    Near the end of running all of these apps, i did notice that my Norton Antivirus still came up finding a trojan horse in its security notice that popped up.
    Thanks for your help.
    I thought I would try all of this prior to having to reformat my drive and reloading windows. I still hope I don't have to do that.
    Sincerely,
    Roy
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.