Nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those
Conflicting medical studies.

FACTS

1) Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than
The Aussies, British or Americans.

2) Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than
The Aussies, British or Americans.

3) Africans drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart
Attacks than the Aussies, British or Americans.

4) Italians drink large amounts of red wine and suffer fewer heart
Attacks than the Aussies, British or Americans.

5) Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats
And suffer fewer heart attacks than the Aussies, British or Americans.

CONCLUSION

Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills
You.

I don't know where you got your facts, but mexicans havea high rate of heart attacks. So do Italians.

Africans have a high rate of diabetes.

Asians tend to get high blood pressure.

I know. I'm half Italian, my wife's asian, and I have lived in El Paso for almost 9 years.

Africans have a high rate of bullet and machette attacks.
Americans have a high rate of Mexican attacks.
Italians have a high rate of bullet and German attacks.
Germans have a very high rate of British, American and Aussie attacks.
Japanese have a high rate of atomic attacks. (well they do)

Conclusion: Eat and drink what you want, it's the attacks that will kill you.

NOTE: There was no harming of Africans, Americans, Mexicans, Italians, Germans (ok some Germans), British, Aussies or Japanese in the making of this joke.

tomrca said:
5) Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats
And suffer fewer heart attacks than the Aussies, British or Americans.

woohoo screw america.. anyways, doesn't this basically apply to americans anyhow?

beer, sausage, and fats...
and kirock, where the hell does canada think they're going?.. lol

heh - it's not the food that gets people in Oz, the USA, or the UK. It's the over-indulgence and the stress of modern living in a 24/7, I want everything done and recieved yesterday, better bigger faster, modern society.

lol peddant, and spike, you're da-- right about that

and the truth is, realblack, I live about 50 minutes from canada and no more people go there because it's boring... much like the rainforests, or iowa

RealBlackStuff said:
Then how come there are still only about 25-30 Mio. people in Canada? They got plenty room for more!

Because the moose take up all the room! Actually about 70% (OMA) of Canada's landmass is really quite uninhabitable. It's just northern tundra and black flies and cold and winter is 10 months of the year. But don't tell that to the Edmontonites. ;)

I live in beautifully crowded southern Ontario, very near the US border (40mins away) and very near Toronto (no it's not the captial of Canada, just Ontario) Ottawa is the capital (also in Ontario)(also lived there for 4 years). I read some stat about Ottawa being the coldest country capital in the world. this was based on annual average. It can -40C and then up to 33C in July, but it's average is less then Moscow I guess (guessing Moscow is 2nd place?)

Cheers.

Hey wait a minute Fiziks, if you came across the border you won't know the difference, except people suddenly got nicer and had manners. :)

Americans look at a weather map and see 77F Detroit, MI and 23C in Windsor, On and say " Hey look Carl, it's freezing in Canada, I guess that's how they knew where to draw the border". :haha:

Ok really this is a TRUE story. A friend of mine living in Sudbury, Ontario at a tourist info booth for the summer break had a car load of people from Ohio stop by the booth. They had a ski rack on the top of the car and full of skies. They were looking for the nearest and best ski hills. This was the middle of summer and even Sudbury ( 3 hrs north of Toronto) has highs of 25C or more. Ohio BTW practically touches Ontario.

I rest my case.

ohio, where'd that come from?...

anyways, ignorance comes in all languages and flavors...

I will admit, many americans are asses but I know canadians who are comparable if not worse (forget those people, I won't classify any single person as fitting a stereotypical mold, people are a result of their own creation and belief structures... and that's truely the problem with america, and I think since bush has been elected, many people are realizing how terrible human beings can be, in a sense this may be a good thing for future generations)... people strive to be hospitable everywhere, and there are people everywhere who don't care about what is important, they're just not worth associating with, It's just reality...

but definitely, I could definitely picture somebody seeing "77F Detroit, MI and 23C in Windsor" and assuming it's the same system of measurement.. lol, great story also

Cheers, and I actually really like America and Americans in general. But like you say there are bad apples on both sides of the border.

I have enjoyed many business and personal trips to various US cities and just love the openess and easy going nature of most Americans (sort of a Live and let Live) attitude. It's just the little things sometimes, like you still mostly have happy hour and you MUST have tailgate parties before ALL summer sporting events. :grinthumb In Canada we killed Happy hour yrs ago bc grown-ups might have too many beers and drive home and kill someone. Please! I'm grown up and if I decide to something that stupid, don't ruin it for everybody. Oh and tailgate parties, are you kidding someone might get rowdy or have fun or make too much noise.

As for Bush...well there was that little thing on 9/11 and i think his team did a good job in the years to follow. This Iraq thing, prob a bad idea, definately bad deployment./tactical. Are the Iraqis better off without Sadam, I would like to think so. The insurgency was horribly under estimated by the Bush admin and this is what's killing the whole concept and any good that might have come out of toppling Sadam for the Iraqi people.

take care.

I meant good coming from the realization that human beings can be as terrible as George W. Bush, and the people he associates with...

Yeah I know what you meant, I was just defending him a little since 9/11 wasn't really his fault.

aw yeah, it's possible that it was his fault though, I guarantee there's some sort of hidden agenda here, only time will tell.. plus, the government could easily cover up anything with little work at all for them...

Fiziks said:
aw yeah, it's possible that it was his fault though, I guarantee there's some sort of hidden agenda here, only time will tell.. plus, the government could easily cover up anything with little work at all for them...

Ummm, I don't think so. Maybe there was a time when our governments could have pull off a such cover up, but in today's society of 24 hr News coverage, the web, cell phone etc it would be even more incredible then if they HAD planned it AND it turn out as good as it did! (i.e. the towers actually fell and overall 3 out of 4 planes hit their targets). I'm being sarcastic, if the government WAS involved, do you think it would have gone off so smoothly?

My point is I don't think any democratic government can pull off a real major cover up any more or maybe ever. Like you said there are really good people in this world and govs these days are huge, thousands of employees, watch dog groups etc.. not to mention the Press. It only takes one to blow the whistle in free society.

Not completely sure on this, but I hope so. ;)

Cheers.

Back