TechSpot

Football reviewed: The sport from a gamer's perspective

By Julio Franco
Jan 31, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. If Football-that is, the American National Football League football-used the same naming scheme as "Dungeons & Dragons," we'd call it "Beer Commercials & Cheerleaders." Like dungeons and dragons, beer commercials and cheerleaders are two things that not everyone likes. They are also,...

Read more

2. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,509   +2,056

It's easy to understand and Americans can sit down and enjoy their game but as for me... Give me rugby.

3. Hasbean

Hasbean TS Enthusiast Posts: 98   +22

Gawd Dame, now you've ruined it. Monday night's never going to be the same. I need a frothy chemical laced beverage and need some cheering from some cheering women jiggling their T'n'A's.

4. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,891   +1,258

As a New Zealander, I'm inclined to agree...but I'll still be tuning in for the Pats and Hawks showdown tomorrow.

5. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,559   +2,363

Reading this article was like watching Tony Romo's career.

/thread

6. dividebyzero

You mean the article went in meltdown mode at the business end?
    [​IMG]

7. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,559   +2,363

Yep. Every time it started to go somewhere... poof.

8. Skidmarksdeluxe

The next time the Springboks and All Blacks scrum down I'll be thinking of you.;)

dividebyzero likes this.
  9. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,557   +2,900

Football is a huge social topic. Much like what going to church has become. When push comes to shove, if it wasn't for the social environment, people wouldn't care about the topic.

10. dividebyzero

+1 Haka

11. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,560   +862

Football would totally be more intriguing to me if it wasn't a never ending soap opera of stupidity in between games.

cliffordcooley likes this.
  12. Tanstar

Tanstar TS Guru Posts: 410   +88

Overall really enjoyed it and shared it to my Facebook timeline for gamer friends. Two issues: the "1st down is always 1st and ten" is not true at all. Lots of fouls can lead to 1st and 15 or 1st and 20. Pre-snap fouls pile up and you can end up with worse numbers as well. Also, not sure the Madden paragraph needed to be in there twice . . .

13. Skidmarksdeluxe

Sadly big church goers are the worst hypocrites and most untrustworthy people I've ever dealt with, I can't say the same about sports fans though. Of course I'm only speaking generally here.

14. dividebyzero

Well, ten minutes after the end of the game and I'm still trying to process what the hell Seattle's coaching staff were thinking. They have a Lynch running and making yardage at will, and when they need a half a yard to win the Superbowl, they have Wilson throwing into coverage.
    Condolences, Seahawks fans. You guys didn't deserve that from Bonehead Bevill and the Truther poster boy. Sherman's face says it all
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  15. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,702   +1,886

Maybe Tom Brady & Belichick sneaked over and let the air out of the Seattle coaching staff's heads....:oops:

Give me neither. My favorite spectator sports are aerobatics and women's figure skating...(y)

16. dividebyzero

The NFL, like nature, must abhor a vacuum

17. Nice article.
    Handegg on the other hand is ruined by tabloidization of event, attending characters, fans. Plus commercialization.

18. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,702   +1,886

Yeah but, if it wasn't for all those things, it wouldn't be an "event".

19. ^ this