For Sale?

sounds like a good idea for me. I've had a few inquires for stuff I've had from time to time.

We have tossed this question around quite a bit a while ago. And in the end we decided it wouldn't be done. It has the potential to cause quite a few problems with logistics and people not shipping/paying for things. Then it turns and looks bad on TechSpot. Sorry.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

also with a forum, you can kind of get a "feel" for the maturity and experience of the seller, unlike ebay, where the seller is totally anonymous and feedback ratings may not mean much if the seller had some bad buyers. I've sold quite a bit of different stuff on ebay and I had one experience where I clearly stated that I was selling a CPU that was defective and the buyer wound up charging back the purchase after losing a dispute (and I lost $) because he was too stupid to read the ad.

poertner_1274 said:
We have tossed this question around quite a bit a while ago. And in the end we decided it wouldn't be done. It has the potential to cause quite a few problems with logistics and people not shipping/paying for things. Then it turns and looks bad on TechSpot. Sorry.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Thought I'd give it a shot :)

But Thanks :)

hmmm. We don't necessarily have to have a for sale section with ratings and such for transactions, but a nice little swap section would be cool. As long as there was a disclaimer that the users understand techspot has no say or interaction in the transactions and is completely neutral and independant.

might be worth reconsidering

thanks, but the blatent "alternate lifestyler" ads really turned me off.... I'll just stick with ebay for now....

Back