For The Love Of God Download!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxLairdxX

Latley my downloads havent been able to finish, they run smooth get to about 80% and then just stop, yes ive tried patience, ive even tried leaveing it running overnight it just stos and wont start again. Also latley my internet has been randomly disconnecting it always connects right back within a minute but its still annoying as hell. I am a paying subscriber to Rogers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Let`s check to see if you have any nasties on your system.

Go and read this thread HERE, then post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of XxLairdxX only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I see that you are running HJT from a temporary folder. You need to give it its own folder. Go into C:\Program Files and make a new folder called HijackThis. Cut the HijackThis.exe file from its current location and paste it into your newly made folder, C:\Program Files\HijackThis. This is important because if you fix stuff with HJT, it makes backups of the fixes. but if you have HJT in a temp folder, it will put the fixes there too, and they then run the risk of being deleted. Now rename the hijackthis.exe file to analyzethis.exe. This is because some malware can hide from HijackThis.exe.

Once you've followed these instructions exactly, run HJT from its new location at C:\Program Files\HijackThis, and post a fresh log.

Cheers :)

This thread is for the use of XxLairdxX only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in the Security and the Web forum.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MoneyStartUp] C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\Money Startup.exe

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

ALCMTR.EXE<Search your system for this file and delete all instances found.

Reboot your computer. Other than the above your HJT log is clean.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of XxLairdxX only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back