For the love of good gaming I need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok you will have to bear with me as Im not a super tech dude but I have a problem when playing games.

My compter seems to "chug" or slow down for a few seconds every minute or so when I play any game on my system, other wise they run fine.

I have a brand new system running on Windows XP with service pak 2

AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual core processor 6400+ 3.21 GHz and 2 gig of RAM

my graphics card is a Leadtek PX8800 GT (PCI)

I have installed the latest NVIDIA driver and what not. I don't understand why because its a brand new machine and the games should run sweet, especially seeing im only trying to play older games like Half life2 and counter strike. Its not an online thing cause offline games do it as well.

Someone help please!!!!!

Driver program

Well I have updated the ones I can think of, do you know of any FREE driver search programs I had this one that looked on your PC for drivers you need but it ended up wanting money. maybe if anyone knew of a freeware type one

Nah you should go to the manufactures website to download the drivers. ASUS, AMD, Nvidia, ect.

That is very strange though. Maybe reinstalling the game could help =p

Make sure every thing is hooked up properly, like for the graphics card to be inserted correct.

Maybe it has to do with the cards compatibility with the games or due to its in a PCI slot and not a PCI express slot.

It could be overheating, try to get speedfan or the nvidia control panel and check the temperatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back