For those with Far Cry performance problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidosmosis

I have noticed a lot of people having performance issues with Far Cry. A lot of people who have systems as high as a 3GHz with a 9800 Pro. I haven't heard as much about it here as I have elsewhere, but I've still seen a lot of posts in different places about it.

Today I installed Far Cry on my other system which has a 1900+, 256MB of PC2100, Geforce2 MX 400, using onboard sound on the A7N8X-X motherboard.

The game ran like a charm, water quality had to be turned down and looked nothing like water but as far as the rest of the graphics everything looked and ran great.

:eek:

Just thought I would mention that. :grinthumb

Yes I agree. I have a P4 1.7 512 Mb Ram and GF 4Ti 4200 with 128 DDR(well not the most powerful sys but still good enough for ALL current games).I have all the details at medium and as soon as I climb 2-3 decks of the carrier in level 2 the frame rate nosedives.FarCry is all about Special Effects (turning down the effects is no way to play the game).But even on my Ti if this game chokes up I wonder what will happen in Doom3?
This Card upgrading thing is getting too expensive for my pocket.I just might shun D-3 and HL-2 if those games have performance issues.

Far cry performance problems

I'm having the exact same problems. The game runs beautifully in the training level (i've been unable to finish this level due to this problem) until the chopper lifts off or the alarm sounds. Again this problem seems aleatory, since sometimes its gets freezed after i've cleaned the level and jumped in the jeep. Its just frustrating, i've tried everything: tuning down the settings to medium, lowering down the resolution to 800 x 600. My system specs are more or less the recommended for the game.

Hi There

I've just upgraded to a P4 3ghz prescott with 1gb DDR400 Ram. I have a fx5600 256 mb garghics card & well! My performance I'm getting with farcry is worse than I was getting with my old AMD 2000+. The game lags & jumps perticularly when indoors.

Not happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back