TechSpot

Forcing DVI output on Radeon9800XT

By Jakob_storm
Mar 24, 2004
  1. Hi All,

I'm going to be using the Radeon 9800XT as source for a digital projector ( BARCO DP30 ) using the DVI connector ( NOT the VGA )

But the projector is not identifying itself to the 9800, and the DVI connector is never enabled. I have no problem with a standard TFT monitor using DVI.

In other words, I need a way to force the 9800 to send a signal from the DVI connector, regardless of what it's detecting.

Any suggestions would be greatefully appreciated.

Jakob
    STORM

2. Godataloss

Godataloss TS Rookie Posts: 482

Will it work as a second display in a dual monitor set up?

3. Jakob_storm

Jakob_storm TS Rookie Topic Starter

No, the output is cut, regardless what mode the card is set to. The problem is that the DVI-interface is too intelligent. It's sensing to much. Even if I boot the system with a DVI flatpanel connected, and then switch the cable to the projector, it still disables the output!

4. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

Have you actually activated the DVI input on the monitor or is it on autosense?

5. Jakob_storm

Jakob_storm TS Rookie Topic Starter

As I mentioned in earlier posts, there's no problem when a flatpanel is connected. The problem lies in the autosensing capabilities of the DVI-standard, and that the projecter is not supporting it.
    Therefore I need to force the output to be allways on.

6. Godataloss

Godataloss TS Rookie Posts: 482

Is it the correct cable? analog or digital?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.