TechSpot

Forcing fullscreen apps into windows

By Spike
Mar 19, 2004
  1. Does anybody know of a way to force normally fullscreen applications, such as games for example, into windowed mode?

2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

Richtclick on the program-icon, select Properties, next to the heading Run: select "normal window" instead of "maximised", click OK.

3. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,373   +289

4. Spike

Spike TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 2,371

OK, this is getting annoying now. Thanks for your replies. The reason I asked is because anything running in full screen at the moment, for whatever reason crashes out after about 5 minutes. No error messages. it just crashes out. Being in the middle of Homeworld, level 10, I'm finding this annoying. I just want to finish the game.

There's all sorts of glitches developing now though. unexplained slowdowns...., etc.

Time for another format I think.

Is there any way I can export my favourites from IE, and bookmarks from mozilla, in such a way thjat I can easily inmport them again? Never done it before.

5. jshields13

jshields13 TS Rookie Posts: 128

You can export your favorites from IE by clicking on file and then "import and export". Just follow the wizard. I recently exported my favorites to a floppy and then imported them back after formating the same way.

Can't help with the bookmarks.

Good Luck!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.