TechSpot

Ford board of directors to pressure CEO Alan Mulally for answers on Microsoft job

By Shawn Knight
Dec 12, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Ford’s board of directors are planning to press CEO Alan Mulally as to his decision on his future at the company amidst increasing speculation that he might be the frontrunner to take over duties for outgoing Microsoft chief Steve Ballmer.

Read more
  2. p51d007

p51d007 TS Booster Posts: 323   +47

They really should be questioning him on the utterly ugly "new" Mustang they just announced.
  3. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,980   +1,488

The man is 68, he should be happy where he is. I could understand picking him, if he was 15 years younger.
  4. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TS Guru Posts: 592   +45

I just don't see anything positive about picking Mulally for the job. He has no experience in the tech sector, and at his age, Microsoft would be lucky to have him for five years. I don't think that's the kind of tenure that they want.
  5. treeski

treeski TS Guru Posts: 875   +130

There were some rumors that they'd pick a short-term candidate until some in-house person is "ready".
  6. captainawesome

captainawesome TS Guru Posts: 412   +42

I think the big issue is picking someone they know so well. Why limit the group to the close interactions like skype and nokia and ford (touch). They should get fresh leadership who can improve things like time to release and dev speed, cross platform integration etc.
  7. p51d007

p51d007 TS Booster Posts: 323   +47

What you don't understand, is a lot of these companies, are like the upper crust in the political arena...they only pick within their limited circle. If a company REALLY wants a new direction, they would hire from outside of their comfort zone. Hiring Mulally would still be in their comfort zone.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.