Format HD - Reinstall Win XP - Will I require Dell Bios PW again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I've got a Dell Latitude 410 and I want to re-format HD and reinstall my win xp, but I'm concerned that as its a Dell I will end up with the Bios Password problem? Can anyone confirm that a re-format and install will be ok?

cheers

If you are able to boot off of the cd then there is no need for you to go into the bios. If you need to change the boot sequence then you will need to get into the bios and change the boot order.

You could also remove the bios password during your installation and replace it after you are happy with the install.

Confused

Hi,

Thanks for the replies but I'm a bit of a novice and I'm not sure what you mean?

Will my Dell require this service key password if I format HD, or is the Bios thingy remain unchanged?

Cheers

I mean you enter the Bios Setup pages .... go to the Security page and remove any password set there/ or simply do not enter a password for the bios setup area/ or uncheck any box that setups the Bios Password.
I do not know which Setup you have , but they all give you an option to use/or not use a security password.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back