Format my mp3 player with fat 32

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi every one
i format my s1mp3 player 1 gb with fat 32
and dosn't work any more the xp detect it as usb device and i can't see removable drive in my computer thy only tools that respond with it the upgrade tools comes with player wich enable me to upgrade firm ware
can any one told me how i reformat the mp3 with fat 16 despite of i can't see removable device in my computer hi just see the device in device manager as usb 2.0 device

alot of thanks

Last time I formatted my Mp3 player with fat32 it wiped everything including the software which enabled the device to run so whenever I turned it on it came up with '!!ERROR!! Please connect to PC'. After reinstalling the software back onto the MP3 it worked again. Not sure if this is the same problem as yours but I know that my PC didn't detect any MP3 last time either.

tahnks for your concern

really i tried sevral time to update the firm ware and every time success
and still the problem

i don't know if this problem concerning the firm ware or the memory chip after fat32 formating
and i can't find a way to reformate it with fat system or see it in my computer as a remvable drive

it's only appears in the device manager as a universal buss controller

It's possible that when you did a firmware upgrade the wrong update was used. This will have the same effect as flashing a MBoard with the wrong BIOS...you could end up with an expensive paperweight.
Have you contacted the manufacturer's site and seen if this can be corrected ? ?

patio. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back