Formatted PC with Windows disc, no devices and cannot connect to router

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier today i decided to format my desktop computer. I got a windows xp disc from my nan and put it in. I formatted my computer.

When it finished i checked device manager and there is no devices. I don't know what i can do. My router is all set up and working fine and i am on the internet on my laptop. The ethernet cable is plugged into my desktop but it wont connect to the internet.

Please help me

:(

Hello,
what you need are the drivers for your PC.
If it is from Dell,HP or similar go on their support page and get drivers for your PC there.
If this is self built PC, than you will need to know what are the components inside,especially network card and than download the drivers.
I suppose you will download drivers on your laptop.Put the drivers on an USB key or CD and then install them on your desktop. usually once the chipset and network card is installed, the rest you can download directly on this PC. Do not forget to install anti-virus software and do the updates.
Cheers

When building a new computer, you always have to have ALL the drivers for ALL your components (to include your mobo and any RAID arrays you might have - if any). Otherwise, The operating system cannot see your components. At the very least, you need an ethernet driver. That way you can download the drivers for all your other stuff when you do a windows update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back