Formatted Windows.....usb Probelm

Status
Not open for further replies.

sin13

i jes recently formated my computer....its a XP....before i formatted my computer(which was also an XP) it could recognize any kind of usb hardware....and now the computer cant recognize anything....my psp usb, gamepad, printer...and such......

is there somethin wrong? do i have to go into bios or some ****.....anyone knows wassup with this? i kno alot of ppl got this probelm too.

you mean the bios for my motherboard? i have a k7 motherboard that came with a cd....im pretty sure thats wat u meant rite? then yes i install them

oh well about that usb probelm, the printer does work jes not everything else..

Double-Check.....

So, you've installed ALL the motherboard drivers? You've got the original CD that came with the motherboard or you've downloaded the drivers from the motherboard web site?

That's the only possible thing I can think of as well.....

yup i installed from motherboard cd....i try installin the updated bios from the site.....and after i installed them....i put in the usb hardware and it doesnt show anything.....doesnt show usb malfunction or hardware detected......and im guessin that installin those bios from the site courrupetd the usb....so i reformatted....window's a ***** when it comes to this....

are you refering to BIOS as the initial setup program where your pc takes its settings from when booting up (like a DOS program) or BIOS as in the motherboard's chipset drivers? which include USB, IDE, AGP etc controllers?

Go to device manager and see if you got any yellow ? marks. Update them if you do.
Under the USB tree in device manager, right click all your USB Components, USB Root Hub and anything else to do with USB and then select Remove or Uninstall. Make sure you've unplugged all your USB devices before. Reboot the PC and let windows reinstall it.

bios as in chipset.....thanks but i heard of that solution from other sites that i googled on....it doesnt work.....

list of dont work solution(FOR ME)
1.uninstalling all usb devices and scan for hardware changes
2.turn off power cable from the wall...leave 30 mins and turn back on
3.went to safe mode...delete all usb includin hidden ones...in device manager and reboot

anymore suggestion well be a great help....i kno some ppl that had this probelm....anyone can tell me how they solves theirs? thankyou

also there is no yellow marks at all.....all my usb hardware that dont work goes under the usb and is known as "unknown device"

You may need to install Service Pack 2 (if you're using Windows XP). There's also USB 2.0 drivers which are not included with the chipset drivers. You should check your manufacturer's website for a complete, detailed list of drivers... Not just the chipset drivers.

thanks for reply but i have sp2....and as i posted early i did go to the manufactur website...and got the update...but then like i said i install some fo the updated motherboard bios (one of them were usb 2.0) and after that the computer didnt recognize any usb hardware at all.....doesnt even show hardware found or anythin....so i reformatted

Are the usb ports directly on your motherboard or a separate card connected to your motherboard? Exactly what is the make and model of your motherboard? Is it quite old?

i have one seperated 2.0 usb port pci slot and 4 ports thats from the motherboard....its made by pcchips...k7 motherboard(m825g)

PC Chips is crap, but I guess you know that already :p

Do you have the USB controller enabled in the system BIOS? Some BIOSes let you enable/disable specific motherboard components..

Those USB 2.0 ports.. Are they on a PCI card or just on a piece of metal that attaches to a PCI slot hole in the computer case?

i found out that i have 3*1.1 usb ports and 1*2.0 usb port...about that 2.0 usb pci....u dont plug it in like a pci device it jes has the metal part so it can be hold on to theback....it comes with different sets of color wires where u have to plug it in the extra usb headers....and yes the usb function is turn on in the bios....(shouldnt it be? it is set as a default)...but thanks anyways.....no ****in luck.....i dont kno wat the probelm is....drivers, or bios, or powersupply.....damn piece of **** is ****in wit me

oh wait i take that back i dont even know anymore......all i kno is there 3 via rev 5 or usb universal host controller and 1 via usb enchanced controller.

the seperated pci slot usb that i have is a hispeed usb certified(as to what im reading on the label....im guessin its 2.0

hey you guys i think i figured it out....my computer can only ead 2.0 usb hardwares and its having problems reading any 1.1 usb hardware....i forgot that my printer has a 2.0 usb connected to it, that y the printer worked and nothin else works...is there any drivers that can fix this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back