Formatting a DVDs/cd

learninmypc

Info only, unless it's free, no formatting will be done. I'm only curious if a write protected dvd/cd can be formatted? Yes, I tried but that is when it said it can't be done since its write protected but I had to ask in here anyhow, thanks:)

Well, is does have to be labeled "RW", otherwise the information is written in stone and forever. CD-R and DVD-R can't be reused.

If it is either CD-RW or DVD-RW, I would think you can use administrative permissions to enable rewrite. (Actually reformat, and then rewrite).

Files from other computers are often write protected by the receiving computer, to avoid possible malware or such. In the case of image files, Photoshop will simply ignore the write protection and continue on its merry way.

You do realize that Windows considers a USB stick, or a flash card, SD, or other memory device a disc, right?

Well, is does have to be labeled "RW", otherwise the information is written in stone and forever. CD-R and DVD-R can't be reused.

If it is either CD-RW or DVD-RW, I would think you can use administrative permissions to enable rewrite. (Actually reformat, and then rewrite).

Files from other computers are often write protected by the receiving computer, to avoid possible malware or such. In the case of image files, Photoshop will simply ignore the write protection and continue on its merry way.
Ok, it says neither since its a factory made "naughty" DVDs (singular) I simply wanted to try.

Well, a "naughty DVD", IS DVD-R, whether it says so or not. In fact, most commercially produced DVDs have either pits or bumps, (I'm not sure which), instead of burned spots in the dye layer of a home made DVD. The term, "DVD-Video", actually refers to the manner of encoding..

So, the only thing you can do with your, "sexual misbehaviour instructional video", is to put black tape patches on your TV or monitor, to censor out the "naughtiest bits" of the film. A few seconds in the microwave will, "reformat it", in a manner of speaking, but recording on the disc will no longer be possible.:D

Addendumb: There is a proliferation of DVD ripping software available. You might rip it to your HDD, then burn it to a DVD-RW disc. With DVD-RW, you'll be able to reformat it over and over again, whenever you feel the need, or are simply so moved.

Biblical solutions are always so self destructive, and hence, I cannot recommend them.. For example, "if thine eye offends thee, pluck it out", seems a bit harsh, when one might simply change the channel or push the "stop" button..

Thank you, it's being used as a coaster right now with coffee spilled on. It won't be used for anything other than the coaster, thank you:)

Back