Formatting a PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

brini

Hey i'm new in Techspot.hope this is good.

I want to format my pc by myself.it is infected by virus and now continuously restarting.
i want to know what are all the possible ways i can do it and the most suitable way to do it.
the os is windows xp.

hope for a favorable reply.

You can format the drive as part of a fresh XP install. You can also format the drive outside of Windows using something like Ultimate Boot CD or something similar. Obviously you lose everything if you format the drive.

You can format the drive as part of a fresh XP install. You can also format the drive outside of Windows using something like Ultimate Boot CD or something similar. Obviously you lose everything if you format the drive.

hey thanks.
i tried formatting just the c drive.but when i copy all the things in the c to another partition it gives an error message that the files are being used by some application therefore i can't copy.
what should i do for this?
n i don't have an xp cd and i don't have a writer to backup my data.
if i'm going to format just the c drive which one of the above methods should i use.

brini, if you don't mind a suggestion, but have you tried the UPDATED 8 Step sticky in the Virus and Malware removal forum. Read it and follow the steps - don't skip any steps - and then post the required three logs.

It may just save ypu the hassel of reformatting and you'll get excellent help in the process. Check it out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back