Formatting Flash Drive to DOS FAT32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I have two questions:

Can a flash drive that is 32 megs be formatted to a DOS FAT32?

If it can is there a command line that will allow me to mount it to SUNblade to transfer files from it?

Yes, you can create FAT32 just fine in Windows.

You mount it in Solaris with something like "mount -F pcfs /dev/dsk/??? /mnt"
??? is the full ID of the partition on the flash disk. You should be able to find the id with some system command after plugging in the flash drive. Try dmesg or iostat.

Hrm..well I did all that...when I run iostat -En I it sees the CD-rom and the HD but doesn't pick up a Drive in the form of the Flash Drive. Is there something I have to turn on or enable the USB ports? I'm new to the whole solarid thing, its "something for me to learn".

I did the Format on the flashdrive from the windows sceen. just right clicked over it and selected Format then made sure it was in FAT when I did.

Is there something else I'm missing? Maybe a step I can't seem to locate?

Thanks again for the help.

Haven't used any USB stuff on solaris..

USB should be enabled by default.. Do you see the USB controller listed in the messages file? Do you have the SUNWusb package installed?

Well we are using USB mice and Keyboards with all of the Solaris systems here in the office so I woudl assume that it is installed. I'm still having an issue getting it to see the flash drive. The mounting should work if I can get it to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back