Formatting Hardrives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Umm, i have a old computer that god messed up a couple months back. I just decided to fix it.
The problem is that upon booting up the computer and entering into and user account. The computer completely freezes up. You can't open any programs or open up anything on the screen.
So i want to format it and reinstall xp pro onto the computer.

would appreciate someone telling me how to do so.

i tried reinstalling xp by booting from disk before the windows logo poops up but it didn't work.

ed

Yea what happened when you tried to boot it with the XP CD in the drive?
Is your bios set to skip the CD-Rom's and boot straight to HD?

You should be able to just boot with xp and then follow the steps through it that say format and so forth.

I don't know what went wrong. You are supposed to press a key to boot from cd before windows logo, right? When i did nothing happened. It just went through the normal boot sequence. I tried restarting and trying to boot from cd but it didn't work. I also went into the bios and checked the boot seqeunce. Cd-rom is the first in boot sequence.

Clean the shiny side of that CD gently with a lint-proof cloth. Fingerprints etc. can stop it from being found.
When found, the PC should ask you if you want to boot from CD, if so, press any key within 20 or 30 seconds, otherwise it boots from the next BIOS item (your HD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back