TechSpot

Formatting Packard Bell Nec Laptop

By Shuteye
Dec 6, 2007
  1. Hi there

I am thinking of formatting my laptop, it is a Packard Bell iGO and it is running XP Home Edition. When i purchased the labtop in 2003 it was loaded with all the software, so i can't remember if i received a recovery disc for formatting the hard drive or not, any how i don't have one and am woundering if it is possible to formate the hard drive with this disc?

Thanks SHUTEYE.

2. Daveskater

Daveskater Banned Posts: 1,687

Hello, Shuteye, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
    Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, from what i understand you're asking if you can format your hard drive with a disc that you don't have. If you can get a copy of a Windows XP SP2 CD then follow these instructions: How to reformat your hard drive and install/reinstall Windows.

3. Shuteye

Shuteye TS Rookie Topic Starter

I had a look at this but this person had a disk, i don't have a disk.

4. Daveskater

Daveskater Banned Posts: 1,687

You can't reformat and install Windows without a disc do you'll need to get one from somewhere, preferably a Packard Bell one. Contact Customer Support, they might give you a new disc.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.