Formatting problem // error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, early this morning i turned on my monitor and it was at the bootup screen and it said cpu fan error. So i restarted and when windows was loading it crashed and shutdown, it kept doing this in all modes. So I decided to format. I poped the windows XP disk in and followed the setup, now my memory of formatting is not what it use to be, so i selected delete partition ( partition C)

Well , before i deleted the partition it said C: partition1[unknown] 114463 <47374 free>

After i deleted the partition it said C: partition1[unkown] 114463 < 114463 free>

(Now i know i was supposed to select set up windows on partition, then it asked me to format.)

So after that happend, i selected set up windows on partition and formatted (normal format, not quick). But at around 75% it stopped and said there was an error and press any key to continue, so i did that and it told me CPU fan error again.

Im stumped on what to do now, i was thinking of creating a new partition and installing windows XP there but i really dont know what i should do.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back