Formatting XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

justinone

Is there anyway at all i can reformat or reinstall windows xp without loosing any other data e.g MP3's and programs

Method 1: Reinstall Windows XP by using Windows XP
To reinstall Windows XP by using Windows XP, follow these steps:
1. Start your computer.
2. Insert the Windows XP CD in your computer's CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive.

Note If the service pack version of the operating system that you want to install is higher than the service pack version of the CD-ROM operating system that you own, integrate the service pack that you want into the Windows XP installation folder. For more information about how to integrate Windows XP Service Pack 2 files into the Windows XP installation folder, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
900871 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/900871/) How to integrate Windows XP Service Pack 2 files into the Windows XP installation folder
3. On the Welcome to Microsoft Windows XP page, click Install Windows XP.
4. On the Welcome to Windows Setup page, click Upgrade (Recommended) in the Installation Type box (if it is not already selected), and then click Next.
5. On the License Agreement page, click I accept this agreement, and then click Next.
6. On the Your Product Key page, type the 25-character product key in the Product key boxes, and then click Next.
7. On the Get Updated Setup Files page, select the option that you want, and then click Next.
8. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to reinstall Windows XP.

Would that allow me to reinstall xp without loosing data?

no, any way u try to do this u are going to loose any thing not on the Windows disk that u are trying to install from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back