TechSpot

former lurker becomes new member!

By Semico
Aug 5, 2007
  1. This site kept coming up in searches for solutions to my PC problems. After lurking around for a while, I decided to join. Lots of good help here. Thanks to all who help on their own time.

Semico

2. almcneil

almcneil TS Guru Posts: 1,554

I'd welcome you aboard the motley crew but you're a stowaway!! :p

Actually, one reason I joined TechSpot despite being a tech professional is to bone up on my tech skills. I once worked as a tech agent at a Dell call centre but went back to work in high tech as an engineer. When my contract didn't get renewed, (as the high tech depression continues!) I helped some friends by solving their computer problems. I then decided to make a business out of it. Problem is, I'm a one person operation. I have no one to turn to for tech advise if I'm stuck. Joining a site like this helps me keep my skills sharp and ask for help myself. As I tell customers, not even Bill Gates knows everything about PCs!!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.