Former Microsoft employee pleads guilty to stealing Windows 8 trade secrets

1. Former Microsoft employee Alex Kibkalo, who was recently accused of stealing and leaking company trade secrets while working for the software giant, has pleaded guilty to the charges.

Read more
  2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

"prosecutors are recommending a prison sentence of 3 months for him along with a payment of $22,500 in restitution to Microsoft"

That's more reasonable!
  3. GhostRyder

GhostRyder You know, that one guy with the PC Posts: 2,189   +589

Thats nothing, the real punishment is that he will never be hired by anyone worth their moxy ever again.
  4. Fbarnett

Fbarnett TS Booster Posts: 204   +28

This is the guy that stole the start menu from windows 8!!!!!!
    Booog and cliffordcooley like this.
  5. Nima304

Nima304 TS Guru Posts: 365   +81

It would be the most reasonable prison sentence I've seen in a long time in the tech world.
  6. How many cigarettes does a software engineers *** go for in prison?
  7. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,373   +310

Heres 1 trade secret for windows 8, Get a massive box fetish and make a OS with it then call it windows 8.
  8. Never a dull moment with you around is there? Where there's a Microsoft article, there's Wastedkill driving the hate train up Microsoft's ***.
    spectrenad likes this.
  9. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke TS Guru Posts: 860   +307

Microsoft has secrets? From what I have read on Techspot forum comments everything they have was stolen from Apple. Is that why Windows 8 sucks?
  10. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,456   +1,759

None really. I kinda think the other, "children", take as much as they want, without paying.

I don't think he has much to worry about though. This is a "Club Fed" sentence, in a "Club Fed" facility, for doing a "Club Fed" worthy crime.

In this case, this guy may not even have been formally, "arrested", until after the guilty plea was entered and the sentence pronounced.

This whole affair is a far cry from being in a bar fight, and then spending a weekend in the "drunk tank".

More than likely, a 3 month sentence will be served in a "camp", security level 1.
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014