TechSpot

Former Nokia CEO Stephen Elop to lead Microsoft's devices and games team

By Scorpus
Feb 25, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. With Microsoft's acquisition of Nokia expected to be finalized shortly, Stephen Elop will replace Julie Larson-Green as the person in charge of the company's Devices and Studios business. This means Elop will be in charge of Xbox, Surface, the handset...

Read more

2. ArthurZ

ArthurZ TS Rookie Posts: 79

Makes total sense to me

3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,505   +2,055

Elop has stated that Microsoft's Xbox division is a distraction for the company and that he would sell it off if he had the chance
    Maybe that's why he never got the position although I'd have to agree with him.

4. If u cant kill it directly kill it indirectly moto of elop :mad:

5. I would put someone with experience in gaming, also, I don't believe he did a great job fighting back apple and samsung.

6. I wouldn't have trusted Elop by putting him in charge of Xbox.

7. GhostRyder

GhostRyder This guy again... Posts: 2,191   +590

Will be interesting to see what he does.

8. Is the right man.

He killed Nokia now he will to bury xbox... :)

9. Microsoft should not get rid of Xbox, it is arguably their "coolest" consumer brand among young teens/adults. Selling it off will just make Microsoft that much less cool in the eyes of general consumers. And yes, being "cool" does account for something, look at what it has done for Apple in the last 10 years.

10. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Evangelist Posts: 991   +90

This won't end well.