Former world's most wanted hacker Kevin Mitnick now sells zero-day exploits

1. Kevin Mitnick, a famous (former) hacker who is now a security consultant, has ventured into a new business: buying and selling high-end zero-day exploits. Dubbed Absolute Zero Day Exploit Exchange, the six-month-old service sells exclusive unpatched exploits to corporate as...

Read more
  2. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,420   +470

Lol start a nuclear war by whistling into a pay phone... sounds sooo early 90's :p
  3. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,202   +422

It was early/mid 90's when all of this was taking place.
    Khanonate likes this.
  4. There are people who try to help society in some way and then there are those only interested in helping themselves in as many ways as possible.
  5. Actually it was:
    Start World War III by just farting in a fax machine.
  6. dms96960

dms96960 TS Addict Posts: 253   +28

I loved his book "Ghost in the Wires."
  7. hrowder

hrowder TS Enthusiast Posts: 55   +9

Not to be mean spirited and all that, but aren't these still criminal acts? Is it not illegal to hack into proprietary code and sell the results so people can defraud, destroy, or blackmail users? Shouldn't this guy be shot? Ok, at least jailed?
  8. He (or whoever) found the exploit can give that info to anyone he pleases, even get paid for it.
    This is not like cracking or hacking, it doesn't change the code, but with this exploit you CAN change the code.
    Different things.
  9. andy K

andy K TS Rookie

It only becomes a criminal act if it gets found out. The secret of this process is not getting caught then there is no crime because nothing is missing.......
  10. war59312

war59312 TS Booster Posts: 114

What stops me from buying them all, passing the so called screening process which is complete BS btw, and then selling them to NSA. Nothing!

For all you know, I already am. ;)