Forum clock one hour into the future?

MrGaribaldi

I just decided to switch my timezone from Europe to Singapore (GMT+1 to GMT +8), and found to my surprise that I am now actually posting into the future. The timestamp on my messages are about an hour into the future, compared to what all the clocks here in Singapore tells me.
This post, which according to my cell and pc is posted at (about) 9:42, is recorded as 10:38, which is about an hour into the future.

Could you please look into this? (Yes, I could use GMT+7 instead, but that isn't the correct timezone...)

Mine is set to GMT, and I haven't changed it at all, and yet still the forum clock is an hour fast (and 4 minutes out too)

I think it may be related to the problems not too long back when Julio tried altering the clock and it all went screwy, resulting in a number of people unable to post, and the order of forum posts getting messed up.

Edit: bah. Howard got there first. lol

Ah, ok.
Thanks for the heads up!

I haven't been paying as close attention as I should lately, and since it happened when I was on vacation I'll use that as an excuse :)

I really tried to fix it back then, I have set everything correctly and triple-checked it, yet the time is still one hour off, I guess I have learned to live with it (so just change the time zone and match mine properly).

Ok, guess it's just one of those gremlins you can't find.
(Spent the day looking for one myself, though in an assignment)

GMT+7 here I come :)

My timezone is GMT(0).
I have my forum-timezone set to GMT with DST=Off. That gives the correct time (apart from the odd 4 minutes).
I think the bug must be somewhere in the DST-part.

Umm, we had this "bug" before...

It is not really a bug at all, NTPD is unable to change the clock when the offset is over one hour so it panics... So I now forced it to update and all is well, of course this means that there will now be posts posted one hour into the future...

Had I actually had some more spare time I might have noticed this thread a lil earlier...

That`s excellent news guys. Thanks.

When the time went mad again, I thought oh no, here we go again lol.

I can now reset the DST and get the correct time. :haha:

Regards Howard :)

Back