Forum New Window

By dani_17
Aug 10, 2003
Post New Reply
  1. In the main horizontal navigation bar of the techspot site, there are a few links that open in a new window... that are the "forums", "drivers" and "about" links. I think that it's not a very negative point but in in my opinion those links shouldn't open in a new window.

Specially the one for the forums, as I always end up opening the forum and then having to close the original techspot window.

It's just a little suggestion, not that people are going away from the site for that :p
  2. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,427

I personally like it the way it is, because I usually leave the home page open anyway, if I go to another site. Most times I have several windows open anyway.
  3. Nodsu

Nodsu Newcomer, in training Posts: 9,431

I used to find the forums opening in the new window annoying too, now i just append /vb/ to the address bar and browse the forums in the same window..
  4. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,511   +308

I believe you are about right, dani_17.

I have now modified the forums link so it opens on the same window... those people who liked to open in new window still have the option using right-click functionality... better to keep our options open.
  5. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,412   +281

Oh good stuff, I always found it a bit odd, but I took the long way (if I didn't want a new window) and just right clicked copy shortcut, then right clicked in address bar -> paste, then hit enter. Actually doesn't take too long if you are fast with a mouse, but this is definately faster.
  6. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

I like this better as well, I also like the new forum positioning. Moving the Distributed Computing to the bottom where it doesn't receive much action.

The Hot Deals section is going to be a nice touch as well. :grinthumb

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.