Forum New Window

dani_17

In the main horizontal navigation bar of the techspot site, there are a few links that open in a new window... that are the "forums", "drivers" and "about" links. I think that it's not a very negative point but in in my opinion those links shouldn't open in a new window.

Specially the one for the forums, as I always end up opening the forum and then having to close the original techspot window.

It's just a little suggestion, not that people are going away from the site for that :p

I personally like it the way it is, because I usually leave the home page open anyway, if I go to another site. Most times I have several windows open anyway.

I used to find the forums opening in the new window annoying too, now i just append /vb/ to the address bar and browse the forums in the same window..

I believe you are about right, dani_17.

I have now modified the forums link so it opens on the same window... those people who liked to open in new window still have the option using right-click functionality... better to keep our options open.

Oh good stuff, I always found it a bit odd, but I took the long way (if I didn't want a new window) and just right clicked copy shortcut, then right clicked in address bar -> paste, then hit enter. Actually doesn't take too long if you are fast with a mouse, but this is definately faster.

I like this better as well, I also like the new forum positioning. Moving the Distributed Computing to the bottom where it doesn't receive much action.

The Hot Deals section is going to be a nice touch as well. :grinthumb

Back