Forum suggestion, Windows customization

kaitou90

Why not techspot provide a forum that discuss about "Customizing PC" or "Customizing folder". I found these topics quite interesting and easy to learn using the configuration setting or notepad only (desktop.ini file). I guess you all know what i mean.
Or provide a forum about the guides to write several files such as .html, .bat and so on.using notepad or wordpad. These will be very useful.

The problem with that idea is that too many people try things and end up messing their systems up and no one whats to be blamed for that. But thats just my opinion.

Interesting idea tho.

Thanks for your suggestion. As you are probably aware we currently have a modding forum which is dedicated to hardware only.

Opening a new software modification/customization forum would be interesting, however that would pose the challenge of having to diversify all OS forums way deeper.

Your suggestion is nonetheless very valid, but from my point of view I think we are better not going there just yet... there are plenty of useful resources on that kind of topic already (outside of TechSpot), so for now we are better off not competing or trying to mimic those.

Then again, feel free to open a new Windows customization thread, and perhaps see what other members have done to their installations on that regard. I see that could very likely transform in a popular topic to be discussed with other fellow members.

Well said Julio.

kaitou90, start the thread as Julio advises. It could turn out to be popular .:)

I started one about my case mod and it has now gotten to 3 pages long as an example.

Back