Fotomoto and virtumonde

By don t
Dec 26, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have random browser windows opening whenever I am online. After a few broswer windows a windows look alike box opens telling me to click to fix slow browsing problems etc. I have installed windows defender and it keeps finding fotomoto. I also have Spybot search and destroy and it keeps finding and deleting virtumonde. It also had found smitfraud and I used smitfraudfix to delete it along with AVG anti-spyware. I saw a previous post here and went ahead and ran combofix and am attaching the logs from combofix and hijackthis. I am assuming the next steps depend on what these logs say so I can not continue to follow the previous post on fotomoto.
    View attachment 27196

View attachment 27197
    these forums are new to me so please don't assume I know anything. I have been searching and reading the last couple of days. Thanks
  2. don t

don t Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

further review

ok, after my first post I read through some additional post and discovered that I was supposed to follow a 15 step process. I believe i'm suppose to open a new thread with the results
  3. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.