Found 2 security tools Harden-it & Secure-it

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipstir

Harden-it
Harden-It™ is a Network and System hardening tool for Windows, by hardening the IP stack your Network can sustain or completely thwart various sophisticated network attacks. Harden-It is intended for advanced or professional user.

Found here (freeware)
http://www.sniff-em.com/hardenit.shtml

Secure-it

Secure-It™ is a local Windows security hardening tool developed by Thierry Zoller, it proactively secures your PC by either disabling the intrusion and propagation vectors proactively or reduce the attack surface by disabling underlying functionality malware uses to execure itself.

It secures Windows desktop PCs against new dangers by blocking the root cause of the vulnerabilities exploited by malware, worms and spy ware . In some cases Secure-it is even able to protect your PC against threats prior to a patch release of the vendor.

Found here plus more info (freeware)
http://www.sniff-em.com/secureit.shtml

Harden-It™ FAQ says
Currently we do not support XP. XP compability will be introduced in the near future.​
and the homepage shows release dates 2005. Not too encouraging there;
if XP is supported (I'm sure it is by now) then the website isn't very current, is it?

Harden-It™ FAQ says
Currently we do not support XP. XP compability will be introduced in the near future.​
and the homepage shows release dates 2005. Not too encouraging there;
if XP is supported (I'm sure it is by now) then the website isn't very current, is it?

XP has been out since 2001 is when I got my hands on Corp version at Work to test..

They're site Supported Windows versions :
· Windows XP (Home and Professional).
· Windows NT
· Windows 2000 (All versions).
· Windows 2003 (All versions).

History of real-life proactive protection :
- [2005] Protected against the LAND Denial of Service found in Windows XP and Windows 2003 in advance.

Run a test first on another PC that you use for testing.. If you want just a thought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back