found a problem after downloading Firefox, but i cant figure it out

Status
Not open for further replies.

redleg68

this is my 2nd attempt to post here...

last night i uninstalled three Ulead applications, needed the space and no more camera for me...then i downloaded Firefox

when i restarted my computer, i got this message after login, "b.exe unable to load", so i went to check my registry, but got nothing...i went to check my task manager, nothing again(same for cmd), when i tried regedit, it says "Another program is currently using the file"

i uninstalled Firefox(its cool though), restarted in safe mode, ran the Kapersky scan and Housecall from Trend...then i found this

Infected: Backdoor.Win32.EggDrop.v

not really sure what it is, but i'm guessing i suck at computers now, anyhow attached is my HJT log, if someone could tell me what i may have missed or have done wrong

thanks....sean

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Still can`t get to your HJT log, but no matter.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

Post a fresh HJT log as an attachment into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

seems that I finally got it and it was after I ran all six of the online virus scanners...currently installing AVG and going back to Firefox this evening for a second go around...

guess I picked up the virus doing something stupid related to 'WindowBlinds'...thanks for the support and quick response

cheers...Sean

You should still follow all the instructions and then post a HJT log.

I can then look and make sure your system is clean. This is because, there`s a good chance you have some kind of secondary infections.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back