TechSpot

Found New Hardware Wizard not coming up!!!

By leah111
Sep 12, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I FINALLY got my freakin iPod piece of crap to work with my Vaio... or so I thought. The iPod Updater wont "mount" the iPod (whatever the hell that means) so I go into device manager and uninstall the driver. Now ALL I want to do is reinstall the driver, but now when I plug the iPod into my computer, it doesn't go 'doot doot' and no Found New Hardware Wizard pops up!!! Helllllllllllllllp!!!!!!!
  2. Vigilante

Vigilante TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,120

The Found New Hardware Wizard usually does NOT pop up if the driver is still in there. But you SHOULD be getting the 'doot doot' sound. I think it's more like 'doo deet' myself. Or 'dee doot' when unplugged :)

This one is tuff, chances are good even though you uninstalled, the files are still there so XP doesn't have to use the AddNew again, it just does it automatically.
    I suppose you have restarted the PC once? And also try plugging in the USB to a different hub.
    Also you could reinstall the latest iTunes, since it includes iPod software in it, and see if that helps.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.