Found New Hardware Wizard not coming up!!!

By leah111
Sep 12, 2006
  1. I FINALLY got my freakin iPod piece of crap to work with my Vaio... or so I thought. The iPod Updater wont "mount" the iPod (whatever the hell that means) so I go into device manager and uninstall the driver. Now ALL I want to do is reinstall the driver, but now when I plug the iPod into my computer, it doesn't go 'doot doot' and no Found New Hardware Wizard pops up!!! Helllllllllllllllp!!!!!!!
  2. Vigilante

Vigilante TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,666

The Found New Hardware Wizard usually does NOT pop up if the driver is still in there. But you SHOULD be getting the 'doot doot' sound. I think it's more like 'doo deet' myself. Or 'dee doot' when unplugged :)

This one is tuff, chances are good even though you uninstalled, the files are still there so XP doesn't have to use the AddNew again, it just does it automatically.
    I suppose you have restarted the PC once? And also try plugging in the USB to a different hub.
    Also you could reinstall the latest iTunes, since it includes iPod software in it, and see if that helps.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.