Found New Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everytime I start up the PC, (new hardware found window) shows up. I cannot seem to get rid of it..Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks ED

Check in Device Manager and see if there are any yellow question marks or exclamation points next to any of the devices.

Same issue. Went into device manager and disabled the yellow indicator printer yet the hardware install wizard continues to appear. Other ideas?

What is the new hardware Windows finds ? Is it the printer ? Just follow the wizard through,and let Windows install it,preferably using drivers from the CD of the hardware manufacturer,if you`ve got one.
Failing that, try System Restore to the point before the problem started.

This is a Lexmark T630 printer that is set up as a local printer (LPTR). It is the only way the agency recognizes local printers. Since this printer has been installed, we are unable to get rid of the wizard. Even when prompted to search and find just one time and not to appear again, it continues to appear. Wondering if something in the regedit HF Local Machines software needs to be done but I do not know exactly where to go and what action to take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back