Fox tried to buy Time Warner for $80 billion last month in failed mega-merger

By Shawn Knight
Jul 16, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Rupert Murdoch is looking to expand his media empire. The businessman put an $80 billion offer on the table through 21st Century Fox last month to purchase rival Time Warner. According to a report from The New York Times, the...

Read more
  2. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,248   +220

Holy ****! How much money does actually Fox have lol?? :O
  3. Railman

Railman TS Booster Posts: 708   +101

Glad that he failed. He controls far too much of the media.
    Darkshadoe likes this.
  4. Fair and Balanced
  5. Hexic

Hexic TS Addict Posts: 271   +127

Ungodly amounts. Murdoch's empire is global, he has his hands in literally everyone's pocket.
    FNC is just one of many, many divisions of Murdoch's empire. It's so international, you have to think of FNC as their own entity.. 'Fair And Balanced' has little or to nothing do with the entire empire.
  6. at0mic_Mike

at0mic_Mike TS Member Posts: 31

You know how fox news viewers love their t.v. they even brag about their unhealthy obsession with watching too much of it. (I.e., ratings)
  7. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Evangelist Posts: 1,291   +55

Is there any method to murdoch? Six months ago he dissolved his empire. Now he wants to own all?
  8. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TS Evangelist Posts: 594   +50

I see the inception didn't fully take hold. *grabs dream machine suitcase*
    Bubbajim likes this.
  9. Does it has something to do on why Fox news support so much the republicans?.

If they had made that merge they would had control the USA news media, I mean, CNN+Fox news.
  10. rub900

rub900 TS Member Posts: 76   +6

I watch nothing that supports fox. I avoid tv movies anything. I will not support that garbage company and the sick republican agenda.