TechSpot

Foxconn 9600GT 512MB Only $139.99 + Free S&H

By Obi-Wan Jerkobi
Jun 19, 2008
  1. Foxconn 9600GT 512MB Only $119.99

Foxconn GeForce 9600GT 512MB $119.99 @ Newegg.com with $9 S&H! Finally you can run crysis for only 130 USD!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814186037

Trust me, I did my homework. The memory and gpu clocks run at the same speed as any 160 dollar evga cards! I ordered on and it worked right out of the box!

2. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,954   +162

You sir have inspired me to get a job :).

3. Obi-Wan Jerkobi

Obi-Wan Jerkobi TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 502

I'm sorry to bear the bad news that Newegg has pulled almost all the free shipping on their products so...the Foxconn is $8 S&H :( but this new rollout tends to have a +20Mhz overclock >_> (woot :suspiciou)

4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,715   +397

I thought I had seen this as low as $109 after rebates? It appears nvidia has changed their policy that recently prevented places like newegg from being able to display their card prices without first adding to cart.

This one is $134.99 after MIR, but then $9.69 shipping :( But it is silent: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121244

5. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,708   +1,887

Have you tried many fanless video card designs? I've seen many in lower series video cards, (7300, 8400, even 8500), but not quite as many in something this upscale.

6. Obi-Wan Jerkobi

lol, SNGX, that card would never fit in my case, I only have 3 available 3.5" bays and 2 are already used. I can only afford to lose a bit of the second slot.

7. hartman

hartman TS Rookie Posts: 23

If i had the money.......

8. captaincranky

You Missed the Point......

You're not supposed to be able to afford it, you're supposed to buy it anyway. This in spite of the future financial hardship it may provoke, and the censure of your friends and parents when they realize that you're not going to pay them back like you said you would.
    It was elegantly crafted by tiny little hands somewhere in the Pacific Rim, (or any one of a couple different Chinas), to be completely irresistible to the Western Mind. Something that makes life worth living when you have one, and not worth living when you don't.
    Yield to the madness within, be the first kid on your block to have one, show them that the alpha dog is you! You'll feel an enhanced sense of pride, when you allow the dominance of your spirit to soar, unfettered by the limitations of your previous unworthy machines........

...............And the Rockets Red Glare, the Bombs Bursting in Air........:rolleyes:

............................ Happy 4th of July Y'all :wave:

9. Obi-Wan Jerkobi

Giga-update people!

It's only $119.99 USD! But they raised the shipping to $9 :evil:. But that means it's only $130 total insteado of $150 total!

10. captaincranky

What Can Brown Do For You........?

Again, it would be unpatriotic not to buy this during the holiday. You could grab it with a flight simulator, and devise missions to bomb Iran's nuclear facilities. Start your own little World War 3, at this price how could you afford not to?
    But the best reason of all to buy now is, it probably will be $10.00 shipping by Monday!

11. Obi-Wan Jerkobi

Yeah, important note. Holiday shipping sucks. I ordered a PSU last week from there on Wednesday. They say they have 3 day shipping but I'm still waiting for it. That's what you get when you ship ground. And since everyone is scrambling mindlessly to the relative house that is biggest to trash everything and set it ablaze with fireworks, your shipment will still be stuck on the Interstate-10. I wonder if the driver has went through cardiac arrest yet? >_>

12. captaincranky

Depends What You Mean By Sex..., Er....Holiday Shipping...

There are some semantic "loopholes" <<<<(you know you love "loopholes", say it ain't so), when you speak of holiday shipping. First "holiday shipping" is an oxymoron, since there isn't any "holiday shipping" at least with respect to UPS.
    (Pronounced Oops).
    Second, UPS has a viable union, (Teamsters), and I suppose you can't or shouldn't knock that. It would be positively Un-American to do so. Not to mention the fact you might get to find out where Jimmy Hoffa is buried, albeit posthumously.
    Well anyway, the only time that UPS didn't make their delivery estimate for me, was caused by a winter storm coming out of Tennessee.
    So, anticipation always trumps patience, young man! Abide, make do, think about girls or ice skating. No, I think it's supposed to read, "think about baseball, baseball".

Better yet, be happy for me. I live in Philly. Last week I ordered a spare copy of XP at 3:00 o'clock in the afternoon and received it by 10:30 the next morning, UPS ground. I have absolutely no use for it for the time being, but lordy, it did come a "hellin". On the other hand, I ordered a video card on the 1st which I won't get until Monday. Monday is the seventh. Even better yet, feel sorry for me, I could have actually used that. Oh, the bitter irony:(

Sometimes you get the Brown, sometimes the brown gets you.

BTW, if all that you envision actually happened, the evening news wouldn't be so boring. Well, for one day at least.:haha:

13. Obi-Wan Jerkobi

By holiday shipping, I mean ordering something at one time. But it being shipped at the moment of evacuation to one's vacation home to set ablaze the sky in patriotic rage. :haha:
    Exactly why I don't usually order online with birthday money. (The magic of having a birthday before the most hectic time of year that isn't christmas.)

And also note there is a zombie plague going on at the I-10. :haha:

My version of patriotic holiday...Make my desktop Mount Rushmore for one day.

14. captaincranky

And the Rockets Red Glare............!

You seem like you really want this, why not go for it? Newegg might pull that price on Monday, if not before. They never give a warning about yanking weekend deals, they just do it.

Oh Say Can You See............, By the Twenty Four Inch Screen............???

My idea of patriotism would be to change my desk top to a picture of Grace Park in a red, white, and blue string bikini. But alas, none are available, my heart aches, I am crestfallen.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.