Foxconn beats Apple to the punch, demos its own smartwatch

By Shawn Knight
Jun 27, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Apple may indeed be working on a smartwatch but one of their closest partners, Foxconn, has beaten them to the punch. During a recent shareholders meeting, the company demoed a new smartwatch that is able to connect to an iPhone...

Read more
  2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

Out of all the new smart watches, which of them have stainless steel casings?
  3. Timonius

Timonius TS Evangelist Posts: 638   +56

...and which ones will have greater than a year of battery life? :)
    David Andrews likes this.
  4. But why would they release their own smartwatch if Apple is working on their own? Maybe Apple isn't working on a watch per se...
  5. David Andrews

David Andrews TS Rookie

Why do these new smart watches seem to have 'how do I healthy?' functionality baked in?

Not that I ever feel the need to know on a regular basis, but I can check my pulse-rate by holding my fingers on my carotid. I am quite active, fit and healthy. Who needs apps for this?
  6. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,339   +1,938

I love this. Apples partner beating them to the punch... I guess that ends that partnership. C'mon Apple, sue 'em, That's what you do best.
  7. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,729   +1,093

Runners and bikers who don't want to take out a phone and unlock it to check their pace, heart rate or distance.

Yup, first thing I thought of too... Who's left over in Asia that can make processors for them? TMSC?

I assume the watch in the picture is photo-shopped. Apple lost a lawsuit over that clock design.
  8. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

I like Sony's watch better.