TechSpot

Foxconn beats Apple to the punch, demos its own smartwatch

By Shawn Knight
Jun 27, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Apple may indeed be working on a smartwatch but one of their closest partners, Foxconn, has beaten them to the punch. During a recent shareholders meeting, the company demoed a new smartwatch that is able to connect to an iPhone...

Read more

2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,409   +1,595

Out of all the new smart watches, which of them have stainless steel casings?

3. Timonius

Timonius TS Guru Posts: 587   +34

...and which ones will have greater than a year of battery life? :)

David Andrews likes this.
  4. But why would they release their own smartwatch if Apple is working on their own? Maybe Apple isn't working on a watch per se...

5. David Andrews

David Andrews TS Rookie

Why do these new smart watches seem to have 'how do I healthy?' functionality baked in?

Not that I ever feel the need to know on a regular basis, but I can check my pulse-rate by holding my fingers on my carotid. I am quite active, fit and healthy. Who needs apps for this?

6. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,425   +822

I love this. Apples partner beating them to the punch... I guess that ends that partnership. C'mon Apple, sue 'em, That's what you do best.

7. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,197   +751

Runners and bikers who don't want to take out a phone and unlock it to check their pace, heart rate or distance.

Yup, first thing I thought of too... Who's left over in Asia that can make processors for them? TMSC?

I assume the watch in the picture is photo-shopped. Apple lost a lawsuit over that clock design. http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-5...sed-of-ripping-off-famous-swiss-clock-design/

8. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,082   +920

I like Sony's watch better.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.