FPS drops Diablo 3, is something wrong with my rig?

Obzoleet

Hello

I sometimes get FPS drops when playing Diablo 3, its usually in the same places and its a lot of spells and stuff on the screen so it should be demanding more power but still, my rig should be able to handle it I think?

Usually when I play im on 130 FPS but when the FPS drop occur ( Which is not so often ) I can go down all the way to 12 FPS ...

I have the following :

AMD R9 290 TRI-X OC 4GB
i5 4570
8GB RAM

Is this just something that I have to live with that diablo 3 is more demanding then I thought or is there something wrong with my setup , settings?

I have latest drivers and so on.. :(

Diablo 3 isnt that demanding. It could be an issue with the R9 290/current drivers and Diablo 3. I would try the following solutions to see if they help.
Option 1) Turn on V-sync (this probably wont help but it is worth a try).
Option 2) Clean Install the drivers by doing the following: uninstall the current ones with Display Driver Uninstaller or AMD Clean Uninstall Utility (people dont always have the best luck with this tool so I would use the first one) and then download and install the latest 13.12 stable driver.
LAST RESORT: Option 3) Download and install the latest beta driver. This could fix issues with newer cards like the 290 and certain games. If you do resort to this option and it doesnt work, make sure to clean install the latest stable driver by proceeding with the steps mentioned in option 2.

I hope this helps.

-JC

Diablo 3 isnt that demanding. It could be an issue with the R9 290/current drivers and Diablo 3. I would try the following solutions to see if they help.
Option 1) Turn on V-sync (this probably wont help but it is worth a try).
Option 2) Clean Install the drivers by doing the following: uninstall the current ones with Display Driver Uninstaller or AMD Clean Uninstall Utility (people dont always have the best luck with this tool so I would use the first one) and then download and install the latest 13.12 stable driver.
LAST RESORT: Option 3) Download and install the latest beta driver. This could fix issues with newer cards like the 290 and certain games. If you do resort to this option and it doesnt work, make sure to clean install the latest stable driver by proceeding with the steps mentioned in option 2.

I hope this helps.

-JC

I was using the latest beta driver and tried to uninstall the drivers and install the stable ones but every time it fails to install monitor drivers and audio drivers,

Tried installing latest beta driver instead and that worked.. I have yet to test ingame if there is any improvement but since I used beta drivers before uninstalling im assuming it wont

What can I do to make the stable driver work? :(

I was using the latest beta driver and tried to uninstall the drivers and install the stable ones but every time it fails to install monitor drivers and audio drivers,

Tried installing latest beta driver instead and that worked.. I have yet to test ingame if there is any improvement but since I used beta drivers before uninstalling im assuming it wont

What can I do to make the stable driver work? :(
What do you mean by monitor drivers? The display driver? You could always uncheck the audio driver since that really isnt important at the moment. But if the display driver fails to uninstall, I do not know why since the 13.12 driver is compatible with the R9 290 according to the AMD site. I would just report the bug to AMD and hope that they fix it. For now, just tone down some settings in-game. Also, according to the Battle.net Diablo III site, the R9 290 and 290X should be compatible with Diablo III.

Back