FPS games will not run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in a confusing crisis with my video games atm. I cannot figure out what the problem is. None of my fps games will load at all. When I double click the exe file, you see the mouse get a busy icon for about less than a second, and that is it. No exe even shown in task manager.

I tried putting my mobo to stock settings, I tried reinstalling audio/video/chipset drivers, tried installing the newer evga beta video drivers, I tried using the win xp launcher, I even tried uninstalling the amd dual core optimizer(just now). Nothing, nothing! is working ; ;

The #1 strangest thing is.... FFXI works, it is the only game that works. Every other game I have installed are fps except ffxi, if that even means anything? All I know is FFXI works and none of the others do. FFXI always seems to work though, even in unstable overclocks, its wierd.

Please read on for more info...

This almost seems like it is related to another problem I am having. Recently my CPU-z dll stoped working. It gives an error at launch, and does not show any motherboard/chipset/memory info. I had the same cpu-z problem back before windows reinstall. It was fine, until recently, I finished a 57 hour prime95, when I go to launch cpu-z I get the error again. Reinstalling the drivers made no difference in that. The EA games easy info exe does not list any mobo/chipset info either. It does show my cpu as -614mhz though lol. It shows directx at 8 also, which its the newest version of 9.0c.

Chipset driver related? I tried uninstaling them, using driver cleaner pro, and reinstalling them. I also tried installing a different version of them, nothing changes the problems.

Am I stuck reinstalling windows AGAIN? Even though I just did a week ago? Will reinstalling fix it, or is the problem just going to come back randomly out of nowhere like this time?

Sys:
CPU: AMD Opteron 165 (LCB9E 0704)
Motherboard: DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert Bios 7/13/06
Memory: Team Xtreem 2x1GB DDR500
Graphics Card: EVGA Geforce 7800GTx2 SLI
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA 3.0GB/s
Sound Card: Nvidia Nforce Audio
Power Supply: OCZ GameXtream 700W

When you reinstall Windows XP, you are doing the clean install, right?? What I mean is that when you reach the screen while installing XP, you are prompted to do a complete install. This is the best way to fix any problems there may be since it reformats the complete hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back