Status
Not open for further replies.
okay first of all...
specs:

pentium 4
2.0 ghz
Xtasy 9800xt
1.5bg DDR RAM

i can run guild wars smoothly on high but my problem is every 10 minutes i get a random drop in Frames PS and it lasts for around 10 seconds.. and then everything goes back to normal, only to drop in fps again... =/
i have no programs running in background.. and i just.. dont know whats going on .. =/

:wave: Hello & Welcome to TechSpot :wave:

Where are you when you get these drops, and what are you doing?

It sounds like GW is streaming something in the background and decompressing it, you're entering a new area where there are a lot of models that needs to be loaded, or you have a "rouge" process running in the background suddenly using the cpu...

Also how do you know it's fps drops? Is it from a counter? Or is it just that the game suddenly becomes slow and unresponsive?
If it's the latter, it could very well just be lag....

it doesnt really drop in any specific areas or when im doing some specific action... it just... drops pretty much every ten minutes no matter where i am. and after the slowdown is over, i ask people around me if they just had a slowdown and everyone says that it gw was running fine for them. i dont have a counter for fps, it just becomes slow and unresponsive.. im not thinking that its lag thoughh. i hate it! and it totally ruins the gameplay... especially when i get a drop in the middle of pvp =/

I used to get a similar problem at one point but it didn't happen with one game, it happened to all of them. It turned out to be a Ram management tool I had installed which was configured to try & recover a maximum of memory every X amount of time & when it did so it slowed down everything that was running but it was mostly noticeable during gaming sessions.

Do you have such an application running ?

You should make a new thread on this topic instead of posting in this old thread. But it seems like you may have a firewall blocking out the GW server connection.

I have a GeForce 7600 GT and whenever i play GW I always get this kind of lag where everything stops moving and then the sound starts repeating itself, I remove it, Perfect but laggy.. With it in everything runs smooth at first then starts lagging like hell. If any of you guys coukd help me with this, I would appreciate, Any programs that need to be installed or such and such like that... Thanks.

Both of you guys should make new threads on your problems. We would much prefer to answer your questions (and more people will come to answer) when they are in their own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back