FPS/RAM Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I just registered on this site after looking through some of your threads, and they have some great info, so I figured this is the place to post.

Anyway, onto the question:

I play NBA Live 2005, and am planning on getting NBA Live 07. 07 is not much of a jump in the graphics department and it should run at or very close to the same level that 2005 runs. When I play NBA Live 2005, I run FRAPS to see my framerate. My framerate hangs around 15-18fps, I have no idea wether this is good or I just want to much from my computer, but the game does seem a bit choppy.

I would love to see this game run at 30fps as basketball is very hard to play when it looks like a slideshow :haha:

Heres my specs:

Acer Aspire T300
40GB Hard Drive
Celeron CPU 2.4GHZ
256mb RAM
ATI Radeon 9550 256mb

I read an article recently that showed me how to use the Catalyst Control Center to tweak my computer to run the game at a higher framerate. I tried alot of things, even putting everything down to High Performance instead of Quality settings and disabling V-Sync. When I play the game after these changes, the game runs at the same rate, and looks even choppier than before. I recently bought my graphics card and don't have the money to upgrade again if this is the problem. However, I am planning on buying some RAM, and can afford 256mb at the moment. So, If I was to add another 256mb RAM to my system, how much do you think it would effect the choppiness and framerates of the game?

Also, could you guys suggest anything I could play round with in CCC that would cut out some of that choppiness and maybe add a few FPS?

Sorry for the long post, but I'm really dissapointed after speeding alot of money on the graphics card and having the game run at a low FPS. Thanks

By the way, out of all the forums I visit, this is the easiest to navigate. Great Job

Well i think its your ram! I know you say you cant afford to upgrade them yet but i think it would make a BIG difference, ram is cheap so maybe consider buying 512mb stick instead of just another 256mb, a 512mb stick would make the whole computer run faster not just your game! :)

Thanks. At the moment I couldnt afford a 512mb stick, so I might go ahead and buy the 256, then when I get more money I will sell it and buy 512

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back