FPS trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im running CS:source on a Nvidia GeForce 7300 SE, 1024Ram. Iv tried everything i can possibly think of to increase it but i still only get 10fps and i really cannot work out why, i really need it higher obiously i need atleast 70 please give me some help =[

Try lowering the resolution and graphics detail. Also, what are your system specs?

BTW, welcome to Techspot! :wave:

Yes, please tell us the resolution and display setting so we can see if it's normal :) . Also, make sure that you have the latest video card drivers from Nvidia. Please post back to tell us the results :D !

If you lower the resolution and details, and still get low framerates (15 or less), then you might have a slow CPU (like an Athlon XP 1500+ or Celeron processor).

What's your current CPU?

Thats My Specs

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1022MB RAM
Hard Drive: 220 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 SE
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio output
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp.050928-1517

1024 x 768 is my resolotion in game , everything is set to either low or medium i have tried on low and it had no differenance from when i had it up high

That card sucks eggs to be honest. Its one of the lowest end graphics cards on the market, and is a total botleneck in your core2duo system.
You'd definitely need to lower your res to 800x600 to try and improve fps.
The 7300 series are the cheap nasty ones bundled with most non-gaming brand pc's.
If you want good gaming mate, you'll really need to get a better card i'm afraid.

k.jacko said:
That card sucks eggs to be honest. Its one of the lowest end graphics cards on the market, and is a total botleneck in your core2duo system.

I would have to disagree with you about the lowest on the market, which still seems to be the GeForce FX-Series (yes, they still make those). While it's not an amazing video card, it isn't bad either. If you game moderatly on newer games, then you might consider this as the cheaper option. Although, the 7300GT almost scales to the 7600GS :eek: .

Whoa, you don't have a slow CPU. So the problem is the 7300 card. Time to get another one I guess :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back