Freaking Smitfraud

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am desperately tying to get this smitfraud thing off a computer. I have tried to follow some prior threads, but to no avail. I have run smitfraud fix, xclean, combofix, avg, cwshredder, adware se, spyware blaster, vundofix, panda, spyhunter, hjt, and spybot. S&D is the only one that seems to find it, but it cant seem to do anything about it.

The thing is, its not even my computer. Just helping a friend but if I cant get rid of this thing soon Im gonna put a gun to my head.

Ive now run so many different assaults on toolbar888 that I no longer know what info to post here.

So if anyone out there can give me a hand with this, it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above you decide you want to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of TheJudge only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back