Free Core 2 Quad retail HSF or AMD 64 HSF (UK)

By Arris
Aug 22, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Came across these while tidying out some junk...

- Retail HSF that comes with the Core 2 Quad Q6600 (see images).
    - AMD A64 HSF that I think came with my old A64 3200 (see images).

Both never been used as the processors that came with them went into Shuttle barebones systems with their own heat pipe CPU cooling solutions.
    Still have their original thermal compounds on their bases. Willing to send to anyone that has a need for them in the UK.
    If outside the UK the postage costs probably mean it would be cheaper to buy new.

Edit: Might have a couple of decent 500w PSUs lying around that I'll add for sale later. Have to check in storage ;)

Attached Files:

2. Leeky

Leeky TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,378   +98

I would be interested in the 500w PSU mate - I only have a 350w in my Dell! haha. :D I'll be getting a new PSU in a couple of months, but my other quad core a Dell Studio (Q8300) is using a 300w one!!! So I'll use it in that. :D

That first fan looks identical to a replacement socket 775 version I used to fit my Q8200 in my NZXT case. :)
  3. Arris

Arris TechSpot Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 4,534   +92

Looking at the old photos of my Lian-Li PC50 case I think the PSU I have is an older model Antec TruPower 550w. I'll have to check it works as its been dormant for a few years and it's in a cupboard in my old flat where I have tenants so won't be able to check on it immediately. Once I've checked it out I'll put it up for sale for maybe £20 including postage(UK). :)
  4. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,073   +75

If you still have that Intel fan I could use it. The Q6600 is an LGA775 chip isn't it? If so, I will happily give the fan a new home.

Edit: Crud... I just realized you live in Scotland. It would be more cost effective to buy one here than to pay shipping all the way from there. :)
  5. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

yes, the Q6600 is LGA 775...
  6. Arris

Arris TechSpot Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 4,534   +92

Yeah, sorry. Will put a (UK) in the title next time rather than just in the post :)
  7. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,385   +205

It's in the title now.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.