TechSpot

Free Office Suites

By desdgl
Sep 17, 2003
  1. Does anyone know what the best free office software is? here are some
    Pro602 PC Suite 2001
    Open office.org
    these are free and microsoft compatible but i want to know what the best one is

2. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

I've heard very good things about open office. I have personally never used it, but haven't heard anything bad about it.

3. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

OpenOffice is good for anything not too professional. Occasionally you will come across a MSO document it can't render correctly, so you should have some access to the original MS product.

I have also come across a spreadsheet that made Excel take its windows and run away screaming. Same thing opened in OO with no problems at all :p

4. enduser

enduser TS Rookie Posts: 17

I have both Pro602 PC Suite 2001 and OpenOffice installed right now. I really like Pro602 but it doesn't print envelopes correctly with my print-ter. MS Office is the best, but either of these freeware office programs are good. Neither is as good as MS Office.

Note: I tried to write the word p-r-i-n-t-e-r. The bbs software on this board turned my word into a hyperlink to some advertisement.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.